Wednesday, May 15, 2013

GNOMES!!! I heart them!

I (we) have a strange fascination with gnomes!
I have no idea where this comes from or why, but I am oddly attracted to these cute little guys! So much so, that I often receive them as gifts~keep them comin' folks! And, I have even been known to give them as gifts on occasion; I think that they make lovely house-warming gifts~for the indoors in a potted plant or outside in the garden or on a patio! They kind of represent luck to me, like a little good luck charm, much like the Irish Leprechaun. They are usually painted in bright and cheery primary colors, and they tend to make me smile every time I see one. I do like other lawn ornaments as well, especially deer, (but that is a whole other post!) I am quite partial to these little gnomies!

                                                    Like this one that I received as a gift:

which you may still be able to find at your local TARGET store!


or these little guys:
which I spotted last spring/summer at a paint and garden shop in Mechanichville, NY:



or this colossal gnome, which we happened upon on our way back from a wedding in the Catskills

in of all places Kerhonkson, NY



and here he is in full; loved him!!!
so, if you are heading past him, be sure to stop and take a pic with him ;)


so, if you are heading past him, be sure to stop and take a pic with him ;)
I hear that he loves visitors!

tired as hell, and it is only 9pm


'night gnomie!
love ya!





No comments:

Post a Comment